- Do not open email messages from unknown senders
- Avoid clicking on attachments or links in email messages from unknown senders
- Never enter your email address on unfamiliar sites
- Do not send sensitive data in an email message
- Be especially cautious of email messages that request immediate action, like an
account is disabled, password is compromised, a mailbox is almost full, etc.
If you have ANY doubts about an email you received, please delete it immediately.
- Create and maintain a password that is at least twelve characters long and includes numbers,
capital letters, and symbols
- Do not use personal information, e.g., name, names of family members, phone numbers, or social media profile
- Consider using a passphrase
- Do not share your password with anyone