Early Education Dual Language Immersion Programs
Westminster School District Early Education and Expanded Learning Department is thrilled to offer Dual Language Immersion Preschool in Spanish or Vietnamese, and a Spanish Dual Language Immersion Infant/Toddler Program. Preschoolers will learn how to read, write and communicate in English and a target language (Spanish or Vietnamese) while achieving high levels of academic success. The Infant/Toddler Program, located at Land School, will focus on developing early language skills necessary for children to learn English and Spanish, as well as prepare them for the Spanish Dual Language Immersion Preschool Program at Willmore School. For more information about the Infant/Toddler Program at Land, please call (714) 898-8389.
Preschoolers in the Dual Language Program will receive 50% of instruction in English and 50% in Spanish. The program is 3 hours per week, 5 days a week. The class will be taught by a caring, high quality bilingual teacher along with 2 Spanish speaking assistants. Students will have the opportunity to become bilingual, biliterate, and be better prepared for Westminster School District TK-5 Spanish/English Dual Immersion Academy at Willmore School or the Vietnamese/English Dual Immersion Academy at DeMille School.
Goals of the Preschool Spanish/English Dual Immersion Program
- Students will gain foundational skills, in the targeted language (Spanish or Vietnamese) and English, and be better prepared to attend the TK-5 Spanish or Vietnamese/English Dual Language Academies in the Westminster School District.
- Dual Language Immersion students will earn Pathways to Biliteracy Awards in preschool, kindergarten, third, fifth, and eighth grades. Students can earn the California Seal of Biliteracy in high school.
- Students will be able to demonstrate positive cross-cultural attitudes and behaviors, attain high levels of self-esteem, and become globally aware.
- Students will strive to be academically proficient in the core academic content areas.
- Open to all preschool students in Orange County
- Students must be 3 or 4 years on or before September 1
- 24 spots available for the 3-year-old program (7:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.)
- 24 spots available for the 4-year-old program (11:45 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.)
- Pick up registration packet at Land School (15151 Temple St., Westminster, CA 92683).
- Annual registration fee - $50
- $110 per week
- Tuition assistance available for those who are income eligible
- Please contact the Early Education and Expanded Learning Department at (714) 898-8389 for more information.
To learn more about our TK-5 Dual Language Immersion Programs, please contact Office of English Language Acquisition