Pathway to Biliteracy was designed by the Orange County Department of Education and WSD is the first district in OC to adopt and offer K-8 Pathway to Biliteracy Awards.
The awards are earned in preschool, kindergarten, third, fifth and eighth grades.
Criteria for kindergarten Pathway to Biliteracy Award:
- Orally identify primary colors in English and target language
- Count and recite numbers one through 10 in English and target language
- Follow three step directions in both English and target language
- Sing two songs or recite two poems
- React to familiar books by commenting, asking, or responding to questions about characters, objects or events
- Show knowledge of main characters, events, or information in familiar story or informational text
- Produce simple greetings in both English and target language
Special thanks to all the people and organizations that helped make this program a huge success and congratulations to our students and their families!